Welcome to Aeterna Roma!
The year is 73 AD, one hundred years after the founding of the Principate. Emperors have risen and fallen, wars have been waged, and the Roman Empire finds itself in the tenth year of Emperor Quintus Flavius Caesar Alexander Augustus, whose rule has proved strong and prosperous after a period of relative instability. However, the empire is changing; new philosophies and ideas threaten to compete with Rome’s most ancient traditions, rumors are whispered of tension along the empire’s boarders, and, as always, ambitious men and women seek to make their own mark in history. Where will you fit in? And will you survive a world where lust, treachery, and greed runs thick, or will your name fade into the recesses of history?
20th JUL - - - The season has moved forward and there is an Activity Check in progress. Welcome to all the new members who have joined us. If you are interested in a canon or a wanted, please check them out. It would be excellent to see more of them in play. If you have any questions please ask us. We have a cbox and a discord available for communication.

April to June 73AD
Current events || Imperial Banquet (open) ||

Add Reply
New Poll

Sarah's Secrets
Sarah
 Posted: Jan 6 2018, 11:46 PM
Members
Shhhh Years Old
Sarah
The magical land of Oz
Dreamer
I'm not as thunk as you drink I am.

I am open to all kinds of plots and shenanigans, so if you're interested in weaving some stories with my characters, please drop me a line.

Characters

Aeneas: Britonnic slave from the conquests, a Caledonii by birth, now heading for gladiatorship; expected to be legion-fodder. Barbarically tall and rangy, speaks little Latin. Slow to anger, slow to trust. Still waters run deep. The strong, stoic type.

Tiberius Claudius Sabucius: Scion of the Imperial line and last son of Caesar Claudius. Quiet, thorough and conscientious, protective of his family and wary of the politics that killed so many of them. Wants to make a better world. Young idealism wars with bitter experience.
PMEmail
^
Sarah
 Posted: Jan 7 2018, 02:40 AM
Members
Shhhh Years Old
Sarah
The magical land of Oz
Dreamer
I'm not as thunk as you drink I am.

January to March, 73AD

Aeneas
January 73
* Git Chor Gladiators 'Ere! - Gaia, Corinthia
* New Kid in Town - Branwen, Eppitacus
February 73
* Visions of Home - Considia

Tiberius Claudius Sabucius
Banquet - January 73
* Before it begins - Juliana
January 73
* Uncle and Nephew - Octavius
* Two Halves, One Whole - Claudia
February 73
* Loyalty - Sextus
March73
* The Ideas of March - Junia
PMEmail
^
Cat
 Posted: May 5 2018, 05:10 AM
Members
30s Years Old
Cat
Narnia
Meow?

Hi! So I also have a gladiator character who can be found HERE. Depending on the ludus (Ludii? Luduses?) they’re in, it would be awesome if they could meet. Celadus is probably the opposite in terms of personality, in that he’s veeeery quick to anger. Well, he’s never not angry. He’s also Roman and doesn’t think all that highly of foreigners so I think that could lead to some interesting interaction. Maybe there could be some kind of rivalry, friendship, indifference?
PM
^
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic Options
Add Reply
New Poll

Directories and Affiliates

Shadowplay Topsites RPG-D
NickPicHost RPG Initiative

Wretched & Divine Frisson RPG
Saints Sleep Sea Rovers - Historical Fantasy
Memento Mori a Historical Fiction RP RoyalsandRebels
Witchlight Devil's Tattoo Sufficient Unto the Day
Infinite Dreams