Welcome to Aeterna Roma!
The year is 73 AD, one hundred years after the founding of the Principate. Emperors have risen and fallen, wars have been waged, and the Roman Empire finds itself in the tenth year of Emperor Quintus Flavius Caesar Alexander Augustus, whose rule has proved strong and prosperous after a period of relative instability. However, the empire is changing; new philosophies and ideas threaten to compete with Rome’s most ancient traditions, rumors are whispered of tension along the empire’s boarders, and, as always, ambitious men and women seek to make their own mark in history. Where will you fit in? And will you survive a world where lust, treachery, and greed runs thick, or will your name fade into the recesses of history?
31st Jan - - -I am proud to announce a revised canon list and information! The staff worked on bringing it together for the community. Hopefully you will find something that you like. There will be more canons on the way. ;)

Please note if you missed our activity check that you may still reply to it.

January to March 73AD
Current events || Gladiator games || othere

Add Reply
New Poll

Journal of O.F.Alexander
Octavius Flavius Alexander
 Posted: Dec 13 2017, 01:52 PM
Imperial
40 Years Old
Gothic
Roma
Junior_Consul

Jan 73AD.

The writing has been written in a hurry, as though he believes no-one will be interested in reading the words. Some of the phrases are not quite right. Plenty of cluttered thoughts, broken lines, as Octavius scribbled to himself in between his tasks.

"It has been some time since I have managed to sit and reflex. My work keeps me busy, I am devoted to creating a legacy to assist my family. My earlier journals, one unfortunately was lost in the ashes of the fire during the purge. At times I wish I could turn the scrolls to look. Who was I back then? What would the man say when he read the thoughts and views of the boy? How have I changed? What did I take for granted during that time? I know now I took many things for granted. Good government is essential, or deaths stalks the land.

The fires, fortunately I was not there to witness it. There was little care for these writings during my youth. Instead the sacred funerary masks of our family were saved, the images of our past and the clan immortality. Wicked and foolish men tried to eliminate the virtues and benefits my clan gave Rome. Weak and petty in their jealousy for those who built the home to begin with. Instead of creating or building, they latched onto our ancestral home and turned it into a corrupt cesspit! Needless to say, it was a shock to the people who had illegally claimed the family home when we came home. Reader, you should have viewed the ignorant neglect! Paintings depicted themselves as heroes, saviours, and martyrs. Gods blood, there is nothing worse than a false martyr with delusions of adequacy. They were cleansed of their corruption, and the home was perfectly restored to the former glory.

The home was soon restored. The gardens that were the pride and joy for the family, a treasure to behold. They were a mess. As for the other journal, it was lost during the travel back to Rome from Syria. It must have been left behind or gotten lost along the way. With any luck, this journal will reach Rome safely and in time.

I hope to write more soon,

Octavius Flavius Alexander."
PMEmail
^
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic Options
Add Reply
New Poll

Directories and Affiliates

Shadowplay Topsites RPG-D
NickPicHost RPG Initiative

Prose le Rois Soleil
Memento Mori a Historical Fiction RP RoyalsandRebels
Witchlight Devil's Tattoo Sufficient Unto the Day
HH

Vox Populi